Get a glimpse of our 11 universities, life on campus, and college facts.
I am in 12th Grade
You are now at the finish line. Everything that you do this year will be the most important. This year you will not only officially apply to colleges, but also receive admissions decisions and make your final college choice. As you narrow your list, be sure to gather all necessary information and deadlines for the schools to which you are applying.
- Continue to take the most appropriately challenging courses and strive for the best grades possible in all of your classes.
- Schedule a meeting with your counselor and parents to keep them informed of your college choices, to learn the process to request transcripts and other information from your high school, and to finalize your college list.
- Begin to apply for scholarships at the start of your senior year.
- Complete your applications in the early fall of your senior year.
- Take the SAT or ACT in the fall.
- Continue your extracurricular activities and expand your involvement in them by taking on leadership roles and more responsibilities.
- Attend college fairs and presentations by representatives who visit your high school.
- During your winter break, plan a trip with your parents to visit your top colleges choices to help you make a final decision.
- Pay special attention to deadlines. Apply as early as possible so that you have sufficient time to complete your application file and to confirm receipt of all supporting documents and be sure to check the status of your application once it has been submitted.
- Complete your FASFA form to apply for federal financial aid. Be sure to complete the form January of your senior year.